1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NEW! - UK DEPT. OF HEALTH to BAN ALL ME/CFS BLOOD DONATIONS from NOV 2010 (from MEA)!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Otis, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for the findings, I saw that too and came to the very same conclusion.

Can we also think of this chronic 'neurological conditions' reason for the ME/CFS blood ban?
    I can think of diseases likes CJD that are neuro and infectious through blood.
    However, are people with: MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Cerebral Palsy, Motor Neurone, Epilepsy etc also prohibited from giving blood I wonder?

Another reason giving was 'relapsing remitting' conditions.......
    Most psychiatric illnesses are relapsing/remitting, such as: depression, bi-polar, schizophrenia. To my knowledge people with these illnesses are allowed to donate blood?

If so, is the NHS reason for prohibiting blood from ME/CFS possibly untrue?

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    By gosh are they slowly catching on.

See more popular forum discussions.