• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

helen41

Merry, your comment on the contest page made me smile. (that's a teaser, folks. If you want to know what she said you have to go look. If you go look, maybe comment, play the video or even VOTE)

Merry

Thanks, Frank. I had been back to the video and noticed my error. Endless errors. . . .

One good thing, however, about cognitive dysfunction is that I can watch the video over and over and chuckle at the same things. I forget what's coming!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Fantastic that our new turnip is doing so well! I've belatedly updated my sig - I see we've got just until next Wednesday now to drum up more support. Exciting!

Frank

I can't reach the people of the What About ME documentary, but if they also want to put this on their facebook page, that would make a huge difference.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I can't reach the people of the What About ME documentary, but if they also want to put this on their facebook page, that would make a huge difference.

The producer is Susan Douglas at susan@digitaldocumentaries.co.uk according to this thread on it. Maybe you've already tried her, though!

It would be good to get more support. I wonder how many votes are between our turnip and the first prize? It looks as though the videos also have to be judged (maybe that's just to check that they've followed the remit).

Frank

Yes i've contacted Susan but she hasn't replied in three days. (I read they went filiming in Norway)

To clarify, i think there is also a judging round comming. So i don't think a first place automatically means a first prize and so on.. But being in the Top 5 looks like a minimum + collecting lot's of comments and views.

Dolphin

It would be good to get more support. I wonder how many votes are between our turnip and the first prize? It looks as though the videos also have to be judged (maybe that's just to check that they've followed the remit).
Looking at YouTube, 1st place [Believe ... it was the night before Christmas] has 546 views. So I presume it doesn't haven't any more votes than that and possible a bit less. Turnips for Netipot has 516 views.

helen41

Looking at YouTube, 1st place [Believe ... it was the night before Christmas] has 548 views. So I presume it doesn't haven't any more votes than that and possible a bit less. Turnips for Netipot has 516 views.

I went thru and recorded views- some I couldn't find, but this was interesting
#1 546
#2 ?
#3 518 (us):victory:
#4 262
#5 ?
#6 14
#7 78
#8 56
That first number was a couple off from what you saw, but in general I think we are doing really well.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
?

I have been posting the link for others to vote, but the link comes to a page where it has already been voted so people may vote for a different video . Is there a link that a person can click on vote?