1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Three: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 22 March 2014
Day Three, and Searcher continued to deliver the goods. We hear about the PANDORA national survey results, a very big familial case study from Spain, results from the Canadian Community Health Survey, more results from epidemiological studies (and a look at treatments and...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by helen41, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We're still at #7, but that is #7 out of 57 entries! Two more spots will earn us $1000. Every spot after that will earn another thousand to be divided.
    Please, could the people who have voted already bump it up on their facebook page so their friends see it? We're close- just 10 more days to get up there!
    If you haven't voted, please think about it.
  2. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    New Turnip Contest entry needs votes, $5,000 at stake!

I voted and have asked others to do so and to tell therir friends, whether they will or not I have no idea. It was worth a shot.
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    we dropped to number 8

We can put it on the homepage whitin a few days and i also asked double D productions again to put it on there facebook wall if they want..
  4. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    Back up to 7. Comments under the video about it being donated to ME/CFS might help- I did it once already but it is on the second page now.
  5. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

We are on the 6th place. but that "Momma's Got Clear Sinuses" follow us really strong all the time :)
  6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    7th place that is Tuha.
  7. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

5 minutes ago we were on the 6th - I am sure. that "Netipot Challenge" was behind us. so it means that there are just few votes between us - good to know. so it means each vote count andcan make the different.
  8. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Helen, I just posted a comment that if your video wins, you will donate the money to ME/CFS causes.

I'm sorry to say that my social network is so minimal that I could think of only one person I could ask to vote. The response was no - that person doesn't want to deal with Facebook.
  9. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We're at #6 again! One more to go and we're in the money
  10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    TUTORIAL, MAY BE REPOSTED:

[video=youtube;FDSgvSCgY_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDSgvSCgY_k[/video]
  11. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

I saw today that the videos from the 4th to the 8 th place changed their positions very often. So There has to be just a small difference between these videos. We are currently on the 7 th place. I think every vote count
  12. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I suspect we don't have to worry about Netipot Challenge, the one we are battling with right now. The rules are fairly clear that entries have to be within a certain spirit and approved by management. I'm not so sure that would be approved
  13. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Seventh Place - great! I got my vote in for another great turnip video :)
  14. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Well done and thanks on the video, Frank. I've put it in my signature.
  15. Jessrose21

Jessrose21

Farmington, NY
    I voted and shared it on my Facebook wall! Cute video!!
  16. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Bump

For those that might not have seen this
  17. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

If one goes into Frank's video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDSgvSCgY_k
    along the side one can see "Turnips for Netipot" which has 442 views.

If one searches for netipot and sorts by upload date one can see most or all of the entries. "Believe ... it was the night before Christmas" which is in the lead, has 462 views.
  18. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    wins also depend on the number of views and the general spirit of the entry. I'm going to start playing it a few times a day in the background when I'm online. It can't hurt.
    Another thought- I notice most comments just say "voted". I wonder if it would help to put in some more comments about the money being donated to ME/CFS and how needed it is?
  19. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    The comment I made the other day didn't show up. I am incompetent. Sorry, Helen. I will try again.
  20. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I'm replying with the quote feature only because there isn't an erase. If there was I'd take off the first two letters of that "incompetent" claim.

See more popular forum discussions.