• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New trick for getting to sleep

Andrew

I've tried this three times and it has worked on all of them. I hope posting this doesn't jinx me. The trick is I get out of bed and lie on my couch in the living room with the lights out. I either lie there flat on my side with a pillow (like when I normally go to sleep). Or, I lie on my back reclined (held up with large cushions), so I can wear earphones with relaxing music. I manage to doze off, but not for long. So after about the second or third time I doze off, I move to my bed, and I'm able to fall asleep. As for why I can doze off on my couch and not in bed, I can only speculate. And that's too much typing right now.

BTW, I take sleeping pills and melatonin. Sometimes I add, over-the-counter sleep aids, and herbal tea. The couch method is in addition to all this.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
That would never work for me. For me it's a about quieting my brain. It doesn't matter where my brain is, it's the drugs I put into my brain that quiet it.

Glycine never did anything for me. I have a huge assortment of RX's and OTC I alternate. I find Suntheanine and passion flower only work when I wake up around 3 or 4 am to get me back to sleep.