• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New topical adeno/methylB12 product

Lynn_M

There's a new topical adenosylcobalamin/methylcobalamin/ mixed product now available. It is being sold as Red B12 by TransdermOil at transdermoil.com. The product is in a light protected pump bottle and delivers ~2.5 mg/dose. It must be rubbed in well into warm dry skin to work and if done so properly should "vanish" into the skin. BE aware, the product is VERY RED. Ratio of Ado:MeCbl is 3:1, which is roughly the ratio in the body, according to the manufacturer.

An adeno/hydroxyl B12 mix should be available soon.

I have trialed using one bottle of the manufacturer's 100% adenosylcobalamin product and my MMA tested as being in a good range, so I believe the manufacturer's claim that this product is highly absorbable. When the bottle is pumped, a single dose of a very thin, red fluid comes out. The Red B12 ingredients are triglycerides, surfactants, water, Vitamin B12. According to the manufacturer, if you rub the material in very well, it should give you about 10-50x what the sublingual dose delivers, so just less than an IM dose, but that depends on what the IM dose is.

I'm getting a lot of teeth pain after using Jarrow mB12 for over a year, using Freddd's technique of holding the lozenge under my upper lip. This product is more expensive than sublingual lozenges, but I figure it's got to be cheaper and more satisfactory than dental repair for the consequences of etched teeth. Freddd has testified to the light vulnerability of injectable mB12, so injections seem to have their drawbacks too. I hope this topical oil is the best solution to getting adeno/methyl B12 into my body.