• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Theory and Treatment for POTS, EDS, and MCAS/D

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Yep. You night want to look on Health Rising forum. . I know Doris Driscoll posts over there and may have more info.

Hip

It seems that Dr Diana Driscoll theorizes that for those with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), the cause of their POTS is due to a combination of:

• External Communicating Hydrocephalus
• Chronic Cerebrospinal Venus Insufficiency
• Mast Cell Disease

Treatment of the above recommended by Dr Driscoll is:

• Diamox (acetazolamide)
• H1 and H2 inhibitors

I presume this will only apply to EDS patients with POTS.

See: The Driscoll Theory: The Role of External Communicating Hydrocephalus, Mast Cell Disease and CCSVI as the cause of POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I read the interview this week as well and thought it looked very interesting. I have EDS and MCAS and Lyme/M.E. It seems she has a clinic where they intensive study of the patient over 1 week. She also treats patients with chronic Lyme as there is a big overlap with EDS MCAS and Lyme.

Not sure about the supplements yet as I haven't looked into them enough.