• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New: Tests

Jimbo39

Hi. I've been poking around here for about 3 weeks. Reading and rereading Rich and Freddd's protocols.

Here are the tests I've already taken:

Genova's GI effects and stool profile (digestion and absorption, inflammation and immunology, microbiome, bacteriology, mycology)

Genova's IgG food antibody assessment

Genova's NutraEval (vitamins, antioxidants, minerals)

Genova's Metabolic analysis, amino acid, essential and fatty acid, oxidative stress and elemental markers (nutrient and toxic elements)

LabCorp's general serum- glucose serum high (sticky blood), high cholesterol and triglycerides (blockage in ACAT?), HSV1 and EVB high.

Pharmasan's neurotransmitter, adrenals, cortisol

These are the ones I'd like to take:

23andme- I've read that I'll need GeneGenie to interpete? I've also read it costs $100 but their website says $199. Is this the same test?

Intestinal permeability- lactose. Could you recommend a good but reasonably priced company?

Methylation profile- Is this necessary since I know my methionine, creatinine, cysteine, taurine, ammonia, and glutathione levels? Also, could you recommend a company?

Any more useful tests you would recommend?

Thanks a bunch!