The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New technique lets opticla microscopes see viruses!

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, Mar 1, 2011.

1. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    actually a huge break through if they can create this on a commercial scale! :)
    normally microscopes can only see very large cells, and cannot ever see things as tiny as viruses
    which means complex methods have to be done ot image tiny objects (like viruses for ME research), such as electron miscroscopes...expensive and they kill living cells so you can't examine them as they "do their thing" as it were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12612209

2. Crappy

Crappy Senior Member

TX
    Fascinating.

Ironic, we are gaining understanding of the Micro World as never before, while we completely lose control and perspective on the Macro World.

3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Crappy
    well, as I keep saying, more science, or anything, has to do with money/power, more gawd damn stupid and corrupt it gets...so when it's a bunch of cells in a flask, or strange aspects of physics, big deal!
    but when there's money and power involved....ooooh!! IQ's drop lower than a rattlesnake's sphincter! :p

See more popular forum discussions.