1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New study hints at biological roots of mental and physical problems in ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

ME / CFS Research Newcastle have just shared a link to this page on their Facebook page :) :
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-CFS-Research-Newcastle/526359017390431?ref=stream
    Simon likes this.
  2. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    Low blood volume in this illness was found in a study by Dr David Bell in 1998
    http://www.ncf-net.org/library/Bell-StreetenJCFS1998.htm
    This study repeats that. Although any repeat of a physical abnormality in this illness is still welcome.
    Blood volume to the brain was also done in the 90's by Dr Jay Goldstein.
    The David Bell Study on blood volume was funded by the CFIDS Foundation so that is another good charity to add to the list.

The relation to muscle acidity was something I never knew about. Wouldn't it be great if this study was bigger.
  3. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    Thanks for doing the interestig reearch; i read most but skimmed some comments
    Blood is also a connective tissue ( as is lymph and muscle fascia) so CTD can be implicated in low blood volume in that way too..

the comment re "spouse to spouse tranfer" - transfer has never been demonstrated; an increased incidence among co-habiting people may be due to both having the perhaps latent or unrecognised condition and being together because of that - eg similar habits -eg both like lying in bed and talking/eating as opposed to people who think that is wrong - "you should always be up out of bed in daylight hours" - so they don't hook up in the first place, as they have different and incompatable habits.
  4. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    I have found Ginkgo to be of help for me. For any of you that have tried it before, its either not a right fit for you OR you did not get a good quality extract of it. I've tried many brands before of it, but I always go back to the Vitamin World Ginkgo Biloba brand. Don't know if Vitamin World <not Vitamin Shoppe..they are different> is outside the USA but if you have a chance to get it...I'd recommend that brand. I can "feel" it with this brand moreso than any other brand I've tried. Must be a good quality extract of it.

Rand

See more popular forum discussions.