Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New STD? What You Should Know About Mycoplasma Genitalium

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by antares4141, Nov 17, 2015.

1. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Why should researchers look for, or expect, a correlation between Mycoplasma genitalium and toxoplasmosis?

Jammy88 likes this.
  3. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
    I probably could have articulated a little better. I don't expect them to look for a correlation between Mycoplasma genitalium and toxoplasmosis. I do expect them to screen subjects (say a 1000 people with cfs) for conditions like these which are prevalent and a correlation is plausible. (like they did with xmri and ebsteen bar) Specifically to see if there is any correlation between any of them and CFS.

4. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Senior Member

@antares4141

http://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/emerging.htm

Looks like its already on the CDC's radar as an emerging issue. Yes, I agree. People with our symptoms should be sceened for all STD's as a first step to understand if this is the cause of our illness. I don't understand the hesitation either. I had to ask my PCP to test me for every STD I could think of.

antares4141 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.