1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Stanford Study is Recruiting

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by NotAllInMyHead, Aug 7, 2012.

1. NotAllInMyHead

NotAllInMyHead

Dr. Jose G. Montoya, Associate Professor of Medicine at Stanford, is conducting a study looking for pathogens that may be associated with
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.​
    He is looking for patients with CFS who live in the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in the study.​
    Participation in the study involves doing a​
    20-minute phone screening interview. ​
    If you are eligible, you will be invited to have a​
    60-minute study visit,
    including a blood draw.​

There is no cost to participate in the study.​
    You will not receive any benefit from participation in this study, other than contributing to research.​
    The results of the blood tests will be available to you within 12 months, but they are for research purposes only. If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact the study coordinator,
    Jane Norris, at (650) 723-8126.
    For general information about participant rights,​
    contact 1-866-680-2906.​
  2. NotAllInMyHead

NotAllInMyHead

here is additional information i have re the study:

1. can't have been a participant in what stanford calls Montoya's "big blood draw study (GEISD)."
    2. must live in "local bay area counties." santa cruz and sonoma counties are ok.
    3. can't be on ritxan or ampligen.
    4. can't have been on antibiotics for more than 2 weeks in the past 3 months. can't have been on antirvirals for more than 2 weeks in the past year. can't have been on either in the past 30 days. so, e.g., if you have taken antibiotics or antivirals for 10 days (i.e., less than 2 weeks) within the past 30 days ago, you are out. hope that makes sense.
  3. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    It would be nice to FINALLY get the results from the study I am already in, before jumping in to another one. It's been over TWO YEARS and they are still not done.
  4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    What happened to his other study?
  5. alice

alice Senior Member

No. CA, USA

I called Jane Norris several weeks ago regarding the study. She said they were recruiting 12 (maybe she said 15) more participants for the study.

One additional exclusion criteria: Can't be over 72 years of age.
  6. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Senior Member

UK
    What did that other study involve?
  7. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    This is actually the SAME study that I am already in. I just spoke with Jane about it.

They are merely adding 15 more people to it.
  8. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    It seems odd to be adding only 15 more people. Hopefully, it will finally bring it to a close cause I know all of you involved have got to be anxious. For that fact we are all anxious!!!

See more popular forum discussions.