When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Scientst 03 Nov 2017 - Blood cells in chronic fatigue syndrome are drained of energy

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by RogerBlack, Nov 6, 2017.

1. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

https://www.newscientist.com/article/blood-cells-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-drained-energy/

Article reprinted free at http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...drome-are-drained-of-energy-04-november-2017/

2. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    Very exciting that Cara Tomas wants to replicate the results with muscle cells. Yes, please, more of this!

3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    GOod :)
    but "mounting evidence"...what HORSE CRAP!
    the evidence for our illness' reality goes back 60 years and has been wilfully denied, we must NOT let this be forgotten, it's a mechanism by which criminals will try to evade condemnation by the Public and thus prosecution, don't ever let them away with it

HowToEscape? likes this.
  4. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

Or they can avoid prosecution by it not actually being a crime.
    It is not a crime to be aggressively wrong.

Pretty much the only case in which they could face criminal sanction is if they are found to (for example) have performed harmful treatment directly, and then come out and said 'I did it because I hate the patients'.
    It is not a crime in general for scientists to be bad scientists, or even to lie and misrepresent their work. (It may be fraud if they are misleading funding bodies).

While we might wish pushing aggressively the BPS agenda in the face of the evidence to be a crime, it's not. 'But I really believed in the BPS model' is pretty much a complete defence.

Note that Wakefield, who has caused thousands of deaths due to his claims around autism dropping vaccination rates has not faced any criminal prosecution.

Mel9 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.