1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New rare disease: Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Boule de feu, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    That's (sadly) interesting Boule de feu - recalling the encephalo part of ME in my severe early days - brain MRI scans showing "high spots" though presumably "tools" for analysing the spinal fluid from my lumbar puncture were not up to any definite conclusion. I knew then that the (whatever) should have been found at that time.

3. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

That is interesting, Boule de fue. Thanks for posting. I need to look up some more info to really understand this disease.

4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
  5. Boule de feu

Ottawa, Canada
  6. GaryK

GaryK

Canada Niagara Falls
    Thanks Boule de feu :)

This is very interesting, Note They havent found a causasion for these tummors. This kind of disease reminds me of the Adrenal type tummors as well and cause autonomic problems as well. I have noted in those type tummors no causasion for those type of tummors either.

So it sounds like these tummors trigger an Auto immune effect too.... Wow very interesting indeed.

7. Boule de feu

Ottawa, Canada
    I will have to check my doctors' file but I'm pretty sure that they had found something on my ovaries. That was a while ago. I wonder how it contributes to my health problems.

8. GaryK

GaryK

Canada Niagara Falls
    Yes Boule de feu that would be a great idea to look into. Also these type tummors would be great tissue samples to give to "The Virus Hunter" Dr. Ian Lipkin and him doing a deep DNA sequencing of these type tummors to see what may be causasion of them. :)

See more popular forum discussions.