• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New protocol thanks to Freddd--going off hydroxy B12, starting methyl B12

grapes

Glad to hear the mould treatment is helping you Grapes. I'm still trying with the methylation supplements, albeit low doses. However, I started a new job 3 months ago and found that quite draining so it's hard to say how I would feel otherwise. I don't deal with stress well and it's a big influence on my symptoms so I'm trying to improve that with meditation CDs and Cranio-sacral therapy.

maz

No, I haven't. It's really expensive to get any tests here in the UK. They have a standard batch of "tiredness" tests, eg b12, iron, thyroid, liver function. Anything else you have to go private and pay through the nose. I'm not in a position to do that, working part-time in a low paid job. We get a lot on the NHS, paid for through taxes, but for CFS/ME the system is a total failure. I get sessions with a psychologist which do nothing and that's it!

Creachur

@grapes
I am intrigued by the references to glutathione in this thread. I have what appears to be a shortage of adenoB12. I find NAC is sometimes very useful. Of course, one of it's actions is to raise glutathione

I thought you might cover this in your posts here but, I have to be honest, I got truly submerged by details before I had read half a dozen of the early posts!

So can I ask, what benefit or problems do you get from NAC and do you believe them to be a result of its glutathione action? I am specifically interested in how NAC may help adenoB12 shortage rather than methylB12.