1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New protocol combines methylation, mito, glutathione support, etc.

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by richvank, Jul 3, 2012.

1. cureminded

cureminded

Hi Jeffrez,

Could you please clarify whether the NT factor is on the protocol which Rich has pasted the link to? I don't see it on the list. Maybe I'm just too tired. I did a search function, still can't find it. Or was it not on this protocol at all and it's one of your suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. cureminded

cureminded

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for the clarification. I will have try to take calcium and magnesium separately and in different ratios in the future.

Could you please clarify two more things? I just understood that niacin depletes methyl groups from the presentation below. But niacin is needed for mitochondrial function? So how would you suggest to combine metafolin and niacin without negating the effect of metafolin? Should these then be taken at different timepoints in the day? (And in which dosages?) I assume that niacinamide works here the same way as niacinamide does. Am I wrong? (edited) I realized that niacin and niacinamide don't work the same here.

http://mthfr.net/methylation-and-mthfr-defects-presentation/2012/04/25/

The presentation also mentions that too much of SAMe may cause feedback inhibition of methylation. I have ordered SAMe and was going to take it, but now I'm wondering how much is too much. Any ideas on that?

Your help and time are much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Cureminded
  3. jeffrez

jeffrez Senior Member

NY
    Hi cureminded - I don't think it's officially in the protocol yet, although richvank can correct me if I'm wrong. I did a search after learning about the product and saw him mention that he was considering adding it to the protocol, so I was just saying I thought it stood the chance of being a good addition if it were added. Theoretically it seems like a great idea, but whether it will actually work for this population perhaps remains to be seen. I'll let you know in another 2-4 weeks if I see any improvement. : D
  4. cureminded

cureminded

Thank for the clarification Jeffrez,

I thought it was part of the Hodgson protocol referred to by Rich at the top of this thread and that I overlooked something.

It will be interesting to see how it works for you.

Good luck.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Well, my Life Extension magazine says that PQQ is the bomb (of course they're selling it):rolleyes: . Seriously though, they say it's supposed create new mitochrondria which is above and beyond other supplements which only assist existing mitochondria. I was reading customer reviews on iHerb and someone said it made them too wired/overstimulated. Since regular old Coenzyme Q10 (not even Ubiquinol) is stimulating for me I don't think I want to mess around with PQQ. Here's what they say:
    cph13 likes this.
  6. cureminded

cureminded

Don't know if it's this protocol in combination with Fred's, but it might have been. I've been taking PQQ, ubiquinol, carnitine b12, vit K2, C, A, D, B complex, B12, E, niacinamide, chromium, zink, selenium, magnesium and a whole bunch of other stuff. It took months of ups and downs, but I'm a lot less tired in general and my immune system is functioning better. Though it's not a stable equilibrium, there's a trend for improvement. So who knows... I recommend to try it.

As a side note: Vitamin K2 and magnesium are not discussed that much on the forum, but they seem to be quite important in general and generally overlooked. I'm not saying that they are the cornerstones for CFS, but in the end we need all the essential elements to function properly.
    I found the following book quite an eye opener on K2: Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox Kate Rheaume-Bleue

Good luck you guys and thanks Rich and Fred!

See more popular forum discussions.