1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"New perspective on CFS: lessons from developmental neuroscience" by C. Heim (CDC)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Not a recommendation. This isn't quite new but I don't think has been highlighted on the forum before)

New perspective on chronic fatigue syndrome: lessons from developmental neuroscience

Christine Heim

Future Neurology, July 2009, Vol. 4, No. 4, Pages 377-381.

Full free text at: http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/fnl.09.15

etc.

2. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

"Financial & competing interests disclosure
    The work discussed in this editorial was supported by the CDC (Atlanta, GA, USA). Christine Heim has received/receives funding or fees from National Institute of Mental Health, National Alliance for Research in Schizophrenia and Depression, Anxiety Disorders Association of America, Eli Lilly, Novartis and CeNeRx.

This BigPharma product is full of disinformaton and inaccuries. One of the most glaring is that it says GET and CBT are very effective "treatments". They try very hard to put the cart before the horse, that is, to prove that the organic symptoms observed, and no longer deniable, in CFS are caused by psychiatric events like "emotional neglect and sexual abuse" in childhood. In other words, your mother did it to you, typical of Freudian theorists who essentially are misogynists through and through. They even cite that old fraud, Freud, and use his favorite word "hysteria".

See more popular forum discussions.