The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New OMF Fundraiser, With A Funny Picture!

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Never Give Up, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

Having trouble viewing this email? View as a web page.
    [​IMG]
    Join "Captain Underpants" (aka Dr. Ron Davis, OMF Scientific Advisory Board Director) !

Be Our Superhero! Wear Your Undies On The Outside for ME/CFS

We’re reaching out now to announce the launch of an exciting campaign to raise money for ME/CFS research that was put together for the OMF End ME/CFS Project by a lot of hard work by some awesome new friends in the UK and Australia!

As you know, ME/CFS is an “invisible illness,” but starting today, we’re wearing our support on the outside – with our undies!

The Undies Challenge aims to be a fun and engaging campaign that encourages conversation around the common misconceptions about the condition as well as raising much-needed funds. The nature of the challenge is also sensitive to those who are bed-bound or physically limited, allowing everyone to convey their energy and passion for life, though ME/CFS often means they can't.
    All funds will be going to the OMF End ME/CFS Project.

Our initial goal is to raise $10,000 by International ME/CFS & FM Awareness Day on May 12. After that, the sky's the limit!
    [​IMG]
    And we need your help. We’d love if you’d be our superhero (superheroes wear their undies on the outside, and you need to be a superhero to live with this disease)!

What do you do now?
    • Share the message! Feel free to forward this email to let your networks in on the campaign.
    • Do the challenge! Simply wear your Undies On The Outside, or get as creative as you want! Share the photos with your social media networks (instructions below), and take a look at an example attached for inspiration.
    • Follow us on Facebook.com/UOTOchallenge and twitter.com/UOTOchallenge to see everyone’s photos, as well as for updates on the campaign.
    HOW DO I DO THE CHALLENGE? (post your photo on social media, then copy & paste these instructions)
    I’m a Superhero and wearing my undies on the outside to end ME/CFS! I nominate X, Y and Z to do the #UndiesChallenge
    1. Take a photo or video wearing your undies on the outside
    2. Donate $10 to the Open Medicine Foundation's END ME/CFS Project at bit.ly/UOTO1
    3. Share the photo / video on social media using the hashtag #UndiesChallenge
    4. Tag 3 other people. They have 24 hours!
    [​IMG]
    If you have any questions or want any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Best,
    [​IMG]
    Linda Tannenbaum
    CEO, Open Medicine Foundation
    www.openmedicinefoundation.org
    www.undiesontheoutside.org

Would you like to forward this email to a friend? Click here.

Share This Email: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ahimsa, Mij, SickOfSickness and 13 others like this.
  2. Roy S

Roy S former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Illinois, USA
    Comedy isn't pretty.
    Steve Martin

You can take the man out of central Illinois, but you can't take central Illinois out of the man. :)

I hope this raises a bunch of money.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    ukxmrv, MEMum, rosie26 and 5 others like this.
  4. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Somehow I have trouble imagining the NIH team participating. They tend more toward Powerpoint presentations capable of inducing catatonia.

Added: anyone know the LD50 for Powerpoint?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    BurnA, Never Give Up, voner and 7 others like this.
  5. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    lol, there's no doubt that Ron Davis is a superhero, with or without wearing his underpants on the outside! Great fun!

6. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Me as well! Does the pic suggest he is a tighty whitey kind of guy? LOL

GG

7. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
  8. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

I saw this in my email this morning and couldn't stop laughing. Imagining myself hopping on a bus and walking down the street in my community with a red cape and undies over top.:lol: Thanks Ron Davis. :thumbsup:

Bob likes this.
  9. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

I love the look in his eyes. It's not easy to look like a bad-ass with your underwear over your pants, but he's pulling it off splendidly :lol:

Mary, mango, SickOfSickness and 6 others like this.
  10. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

I did it today after being nominated by @Simon.
    If anyone wants to do it who doesn't have a Twitter and/or Facebook account (or doesn't want to post it), I can do it. Or you could just post it here or to a private ME/CFS Facebook group.
    IMG_1202_2_2.JPG

ahimsa, Mary, Mij and 13 others like this.
  11. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

@Tom Kindlon Great photo! It inspired "Old Bones" to get outside of her "comfort zone". She's usually rather shy, and uses neither Facebook nor Twitter. Feel free to post, as you see fit.

Old-Bones-Underwea.jpg

Mrs Sowester, Sasha, ahimsa and 17 others like this.
  12. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

Great.
    I posted it: and https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....274636879297512.61710.100002536068526&type=3

Mrs Sowester, Simon and Old Bones like this.
  13. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Doesn't everybody wear their underpants on the outside anyway? Or is that just me?

Mrs Sowester, Sasha, ahimsa and 9 others like this.
  14. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Great work, Tom

Meanwhile, I blame Ollie

Sasha, Mary, rosie26 and 9 others like this.
  15. simeyss

simeyss

Melbourne, Australia
    Great work, everyone!

Don't wait to be nominated!
    Wear your undies on the outside, donate to Open Medicine Foundation's End ME/CFS Project: bit.ly/UOTO1, share your pic to social media and tag 3 people!

We've raised more than $US11,000 in just over 2 weeks! The sky's the limit! Be a Superhero for ME/CFS!

Following the campaign on social media for campaign updates and more great challenge pics:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UOTOchallenge
    Twitter: @uotochallenge

Or visit our website for more information: www.undiesontheoutside.org

Sasha, Simon, Valentijn and 2 others like this.
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Wow, this guy:

simeyss, Simon, Tom Kindlon and 3 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.