Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Movie "A Family Man" main character has CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by redrachel76, Jul 10, 2017.

1. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    The Hebrew Israeli fibromyalgia forum I am on just noticed that the recent Hollywood movie called "A Family Man" has a plot line where the main character's son has CFS or is it "chronic fatigue"? The man has to chose between his career or his family.

I find it odd that no one has noticed it.
    Even in the trailer "chronic fatigue" gets mentioned:

2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    Had not heard about this movie before, so googled a bit.
    According to IMBD the boy in the film got diagnosed with cancer..
    But my oh my how wonderful it would be with a movie like this featuring ME! One day.. :woot:

From IMBD:
    As the boss of a Chicago-based headhunter, Dane Jensen , who works at the Blackrock Recruiting agency arranging jobs for engineers, prepares to retire, Jensen vies to achieve his longtime goal of taking over the company going head-to-head with his ambitious rival, Lynn Vogel . However, Dane's 10-year-old son, Ryan , is suddenly diagnosed with cancer and his professional priorities at work and personal priorities at home begin to clash with one another.

3. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    The son has cancer, not CFS.

redrachel76 and ebethc like this.
  4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

wow amazing. I cant believe they actually mentioned CFS in a major motion picture.

the doctor did say the son has chronic fatigue and maybe later, cancer?

5. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Ha! I'm sure any ME movie would have the main character defeated until s/he meets the mystic pace crew and cue the Eye of the Tiger music battles using GET like Rocky and overcomes his/her demons with hard graft. And gets the girl/guy.

See more popular forum discussions.