• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Movie "A Family Man" main character has CFS

The Hebrew Israeli fibromyalgia forum I am on just noticed that the recent Hollywood movie called "A Family Man" has a plot line where the main character's son has CFS or is it "chronic fatigue"? The man has to chose between his career or his family.

I find it odd that no one has noticed it.
Even in the trailer "chronic fatigue" gets mentioned:

Kalliope

Had not heard about this movie before, so googled a bit.
According to IMBD the boy in the film got diagnosed with cancer..
But my oh my how wonderful it would be with a movie like this featuring ME! One day.. :woot:

From IMBD:
As the boss of a Chicago-based headhunter, Dane Jensen , who works at the Blackrock Recruiting agency arranging jobs for engineers, prepares to retire, Jensen vies to achieve his longtime goal of taking over the company going head-to-head with his ambitious rival, Lynn Vogel . However, Dane's 10-year-old son, Ryan , is suddenly diagnosed with cancer and his professional priorities at work and personal priorities at home begin to clash with one another.

Daffodil

wow amazing. I cant believe they actually mentioned CFS in a major motion picture.

the doctor did say the son has chronic fatigue and maybe later, cancer?