Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New methylcobalamin product - Bioceuticals

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Matt_C, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Matt_C

Matt_C Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    Bioceuticals is an Australian brand and they just released a methylcobalamin product. Our Therapeutic Goods Administration recently approved the use of methylcobalamin and this is the first to market.

https://www.bioceuticals.com.au/product/preview/Methyl-B12-Chewable

It's a 5mg pill that comes in a bottle of 60 for around $24AUD. The pills are tiny, makes it obvious how much junk is in those other pills for Jarrow and even Enzymatic Therapy. Not denying their quality, especially the Enzy's, but they do contain a lot of other ingredients including some artificial sweeteners and flavours which i'm not particularly a fan of. These Bioceuticals pills are flavour free and the only other listed ingredient is lactose. I just bought some so i'll post my experience with them here.

ahmo and cph13 like this.
  2. Matt_C

Matt_C Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    I also just found this product: http://www.methylpro.com/product/175 that I haven't seen mentioned before.

They have methylfolate in 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg and 15mg bottles (price for 2.5mg caps is $12.75, 15mg is $30 for 30 caps or $78 for 90 caps) and quatrefolic in 5mg, 10mg and 15mg (price for 15mg 30 caps is $45). This seems like very good value, especially for those who need huge doses.

ahmo likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    The B12 looks to be available only through practitioner.

4. Matt_C

Matt_C Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    I went down to Dr Earth in Newtown and grabbed one off the shelf. They also have methylfolate 500mcg. If you find someone who stocks it just speak to the staff and tell them why you need it and they'll usually sell it to you. The website has a "stockists" section and will show you where you can get it.

5. Matt_C

Matt_C Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    @Freddd...I was wondering if you would be able to give your opinion/rating on this Bioceuticals product? I could send a bottle to you to sample if you're interested. I'd like to know whether it ranks as a "5 star" brand.

Cheers

6. Matt_C

Matt_C Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    Initial observations...I have some definite immediate reaction to the Bioceuticals MB12. Not as intense as 5mg with Jarrow all at once which I tried for the first time yesterday. Prior to that I had been taking 5mg over 4-6 hours. Because the pill is so small it dissolved in about an hour or so, it would be difficult to keep it there much longer. That's an advantage of the bigger pills from Jarrow and Enzy. I'll keep experimenting and post my results.

cph13, Little Bluestem and SJB944 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.