Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Mella talk, exciting reveals

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Marky90, Oct 11, 2016.

1. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    Oh, I see, thank you! Dr Myhill seems like a good person... but she is also selling books... could she be a person who just wants to make a decent living or is she money crazy?

MEMum likes this.
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

@lauluce Dr Myhill goes to a great deal of effort to help her patients. She seems to understand the Hippocratic Oath better than most doctors. People have to make a living, but to me her motivations seem primarily ideological and Hippocratic.

Helen, Thinktank, ukxmrv and 3 others like this.
  3. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    indeed, the anomaly that causes mitochondrial dysfunction should be investigated, however, without proper founding, that's never going to happen... it enrages and saddens me to realise that the fact that there's no effective treatment or a biomarker for ME is actually a money problem, not a problem related to insufficient scientific and technological development... we have the technical and intellectual resources to crack ME, but we lack the MONEY!

4. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

I believe Dr. Fluge stated that he does not think it is a "dauer" like state either. That he disagrees with that conclusion. It's in the video of his presentation in Stockholm (october). That was how I heard it at least.

lauluce and ukxmrv like this.
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    she's spend a lot of time just helping ME patients free of charge so I doubt she's money hungry. She even spent time to reply to emails I sent her with questions from here in Australia. I highly appreciate the time she must of spent freely trying to help those who have ME.

She used to have a great website with free info for us but I think she was forced to remove all that stuff so her book would be quite helpful

Mel9, lauluce, ukxmrv and 1 other person like this.
  6. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Do you have a link to the video? :)

lauluce likes this.
  7. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

8. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Comet likes this.
  9. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

Don't be silly. I watched the vids the other day, so I happened to remember the thread (which is a small miracle in itself)! :hug:

See more popular forum discussions.