• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New manual intro by Wessely : MUS clinic in Yorkshire to give high intensity GET/CBT to ME patients

Countrygirl

It actually covers Yorkshire and Humber.

New mental health manual for doctors promoting IAPT services in a MUS setting with ME labelled as MUS.

http://www.yhscn.nhs.uk/media/PDFs/...-LTC/1. YH IAPT-LTC Slides - October 2017.pdf

Background to IAPT • “the greatest revolution in British mental health in fifty years” Sir Simon Wessely

• “a world beating programme” Nature editorial

• “the world’s most ambitious effort to treat depression, anxiety and other common mental illness” New York Times feature (July 2017)

Types of MUS • Irritable bowel syndrome (High intensity CBT)

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Hi CBT & GET)

• Chronic Pain (CBT in integrated pain management) • MUS not otherwise specified (Broad based CBT)

We need to engate with these people and ensure they understand that they are contradicting the science and are placing themselves in an uncertain legal position.

Any takers?

SilverbladeTE

I thought concentration camps and Human Rights abuses by doctors were illegal?
guess not....

640_master-slave.jpg