• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Lyme disease culture test now available!

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
I was part of a small study that used this new Lyme test. Although my IGenex tests have never been positive (by CDC standards), I am positive with this new culture test.

I am really interested in finding out the reliability of these results.

Rrrr

Is it Fry lab, or something like that?

Does anyone know the name of the Lab in Sarasota Florida that Dr. Cheney uses to test for Lyme? I remember that this is the only lab he would use. A dear friend has "maybe" Lyme. Thanks everyone.

I've been to HMG. The first visit was like $1500 by the time they sold me a bunch of stuff. Be prepared for an expensive visit if you go there. I tried those hormones.

Felt great on testosterone for a month than crashed hard, I read somewhere that testosterone can activate the HGRV's. So that would all fit.

mellster

Marco
Hi markmc - that's weird, I heard some complaints about them before. My office visits are $300, the tests are covered by insurance and their supps are IMO not cheap but also not overly expensive, esp. the LDN is great. So far the best bang I could get for the buck in the bay area (Montoya has a 2 year waiting list). In fact, the in-network docs would either not take me on at all or not do any tests as CFS does not exist.

I've been to HMG. The first visit was like $1500 by the time they sold me a bunch of stuff. Be prepared for an expensive visit if you go there. I tried those hormones.

Felt great on testosterone for a month than crashed hard, I read somewhere that testosterone can activate the HGRV's. So that would all fit.

Heya Melster, Sorry I don't always come back to follow my posts. Haven't mastered that yet.

Anybody tried this lyme test yet?