1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New line of attack from Dr Myhill - what to start first?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by justy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Pear and lamb wasn't meant to be a permanent diet, its used as those 2 foods usually cause the least sensitivities. You start on those and then introduce other foods one at a time, its the best way for identifying major problems. It takes a lot of patience but can be very successful.

Alternatively people are advised to start a couple of foods they know are safe for them, for me it was chicken and brocolli.

@justy
    I too had a problem tolerating flagyl so think its a question of just trying it. As you say you have some time to try stuff before you go. I bought some Trienza enzymes, brilliant - having used other brands I couldn't tolerate, they can make such a difference.

Your holiday sounds lovely - I'm sure you'll benefit from the break.

Dr M will do her best for you - no ME doctor in the world can give guarantees on whether treatment will work. We'd all be well if that was the case, but it can't stop us trying. I've spent £0000s and am still sick.
    I dearly hope you improve.
    justy likes this.
  2. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Sweden
    Hi Justy,

In a way good to see that you have several untreated issues. When treated you will probably feel much better as I did after a proper treatment for the adrenals and the thyroid. I have no experience of treatment based on a stool test.

I support taking the vitamins and other supplements. Without enough selenium the thyroid will not work (and protein, iron, B12 and iodine). Did Dr. Myhill test for thyroid antibodies? Important to see if your thyroid is under attack (commonly by gluten or mercury from amalgam). Also a free T3 lab test should be done. T4, as in synthetic thyroxine has to be converted into the bioactive T3. A low T3 might reflect problems with the converting from T4 to T3 or too low T4 or...
    If your thyroid is not working fully, or there is a receptor problem, this can give lots of symptoms, so this is a base for all treatments. The books "Stop the thyroid madness" and "Your Thyroid, and how to keep it healthy" are really good.
    My own experience is also that the adrenals need to be supported first, as Dr. Myhill and other knowledgable doctors tell. Dr. Rinds temperature curve is a good help for many to evaluate hormonal treatment. A lack of thyroid hormones for a long time weakens the organs and how they work; heart, liver, adrenals stomach etc. A low thyroid might cause low HCl and all other functions important for a good digestion.
    I would not loose more time, but introduce supplements slowly and write down the effects. It is a long time project though. I learnt and experienced that you can make progress up till two years after starting with proper thyroid treatment.

Hope you will have a nice stay in Spain! It has been written that people with a low thyroid can only make use of vitamin D from the sun, not from food. Sorry, I can´t find the source again, but at least it was written by a doctor. Hopefully you will feel much better soon!

Helen
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    justy and Crux like this.
  3. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi Justy;

I remember that the symptoms you listed after having trouble with the thyroid meds, really seemed more like iron deficiency than anything else. ( But the lowered T4 was confusing. Maybe that was part of the adjustment period.)

I hope that the HCL will help you absorb the iron better. I've read that high calcium foods and the phytates in grains, along with tea, can reduce iron absorption, so maybe they should be taken separately from the iron.

I hope your trip is completely non-stressful, and fun,even!
    justy likes this.
  4. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks everyone - not got the energy today to reply individually. Just to say tho that i will not be starting to eat meat on this diet - i am attmepting stone age with just fish and veggies, nuts, seeds and eggs (yikes!)

The trip to spain is supposed to be fun! we are going to see if the drier, sunnier weather will help at all, although a month really isnt long enough - also we are staying 100m from the beach and i always feel better by the sea. Usually if i stick to my wheelchair a lot i can enjoy myself.

I did a test for thyroid antibodies about 3 years ago and it was negative.

All the best,
    Justy x
  5. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Wee brother :love:has sent me the recipe.

It's great for a veggie Yuletide dinner.:thumbsup:

It's one I've made before too. It works best in a gas oven - it's a much moister heat.

Depending on how efficient/violent an electric oven is, it is sometimes best cooked with a tray of water in the oven as well, sort of like a bain-marie, just not sitting in the water.

(My oven is very violent - I have to cook stuff way below the recommended temperatures, and it can dry stuff out if I'm not very careful)

Cashew Nut Roast

50g\2oz Butter
    1 large onion sliced
    225g\8 oz Unroasted Cashews
    100g\4oz bread
    2 garlic cloves
    200ml\7floz water or light veg stock
    Salt and pepper
    Nutmeg (or spices of choice)
    1 tbsp lemon juice

Stuffing
    100g\4oz bread
    50g\2oz butter
    1 small onion grated
    1\2 tsp each of thyme and marjoram
    25g\1oz parsley chopped

Oven 200C\400F
    450g\1lb loaf tin lined with a strip of greaseproof paper
    Grease with some of the butter

Gently fry the onion 10 min in most of the remaining butter but don't brown

Grind up cashews, bread and garlic.
    Add to the onion and butter
    Add s&p, water\stock, nutmeg and lemon

Mix all stuffing ingredients together.

Layer half the cashew mix into the tin, layer on the stuffing and then the remaining half of the cashews.
    Dot the top with leftover butter.

Place into something to catch any oozing butter.

Bake 30 min or until lightly browned - cover with foil if browning too quickly.

Cool for a few minutes, loosen edges and turn out

Decorate with parsley and lemon slices.
    Server with bread\cranberry sauce etc.
    justy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.