• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Light Device Worn Like A Pair of Glasses Regulates Circadian Rhythm

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks @Wally. Interesting. Available in the US for $300. Apparently you wear them for about 50 minutes after you wake up in the a.m. You can read more about them at their website. I wonder if insurance might cover them?

Sushi

Wally

@Sushi,
I have a call into my eye doctor about this device to see if he has any other information or concerns about the device. He taught for years at U.C. Berkeley and he has been a great resource whenever I have science related questions. I will let you know if I find out anything that would be helpful to know before trying this device.

Here is some information about who should not use the device, as well as the company's 60 day return policy.
Safety Instructions
Please consult your ophthalmologist before using Re-Timer if you have or have had any of the following: any eye disease such as, but not limited to, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal disorders (e.g. macular degeneration), or previous eye surgery.

Suitability
This Device is not suitable for:
  • People with epilepsy or similar photosensitive conditions. The light source of this technology ranges from 50 to 166 hertz.
  • People whom suffer Manic-depressive psychosis.
  • Children under the age of 13 years.
General
  • The information contained on this website is not intended to be used as medical information or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.
  • As each person is different, the effects of light may vary from individual to individual. As a matter of good practice we recommend you seek the advice of your health professional before using this device.
  • This device should not be used while wearing reading or other glasses made of either photo chromatic or tinted glass.
  • Light emitted by this product may interact with photosensitizing medications. These can include antibiotics, antihistamines, chemotherapy drugs, cardiac, diabetic and skin medications, certain diuretics, painkillers, psychiatric drugs and supplements. This device may also change the effectiveness of some medications. Be sure to review with your doctor all medications you are currently taking before using this product.
  • Do not use this product in situations where the light might compromise your ability or the ability of others to perform essential tasks such as driving a vehicle or operating machinery.
  • Light devices are generally safe but you may experience some mild, short lasting side effects such as eye strain or dry mouth. If you experience any discomfort stop using the device immediately.
  • If this device is damaged in any way or is not working, it should not be operated and you should contact your retailer for assistance. http://re-timer.com/terms-of-use/

Standard Return Policy – 60 Day Money Back Guarantee

Our 60 day money back guarantee is available to all consumers in all countries. This offer is not available to businesses. Under Australian Consumer Law we are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind. However, we will accept return of an item within 60 calendar days of the purchase date if the device has not created the desired change of your sleep rhythm.http://re-timer.com/policies/

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
This device may also change the effectiveness of some medications.
That surprises me. It would probably be better to discuss your medications with your pharmacist.

An eye exam would also be a good idea. Both glaucoma and macular degeneration are silent diseases.