Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Lenny Jason research: $2m NIH study to determine prevalence of CFS in children

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England

Snow Leopard, Dolphin, Bob and 4 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Thanks, Fire. This looks very good. It's very important that this is using an unbiased, representative community study complete with a medical examination necessary for diagnosis (I assume they will be carrying out the required blood tests and psychiatric assessment too).

I like the way they are including school attendance as an objective measure are well as performance (to cover the scenario where people turn up but are too ill to study) and extra-curicular stuff too (covering the scenario where people just about get by at school but everything else in their life falls).

Prof Lenny Jason has often designed some of the smartest studies but in the past they have not always been big enough to get robust results because of problems securing funding. Hopefully the $2 million this time should cut it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Valentijn, aimossy and Purple like this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    Lenny Jason led the best community based prevalence study of Adults, so this is a good decision. :)

4. mango

mango Senior Member

Battery Muncher, Comet, Bob and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.