Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New law:scientists could face criminal charges in the future for false data

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Countrygirl, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...nal-charges-fraudulent-medical-drugs-research.

This law should also include psychological studies that falsely promote GET and CBT that have caused so much harm to the ME community.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

It's worth remembering that none of the PACE et al trials appear to be affected by false data.
    Most of the flaws in the trial can be found by close reading of the papers.

The problem is in the flawed analysis, which is very very much harder to prove is intentionally false, and to legislate for in any meaningful way.

They did not fake peoples improvement - they actually improved on the measures chosen, and those measures chosen were published accurately.

Legislating for 'bad' and 'misleading' is much, much harder than legislating for wholesale making up of data, and has unfortunate consequences.

Actually requiring open data would be a good step.
    And by open data, I mean data that (once stripped of identifiers) is open to at the bare minimum any working scientist for any purpose whatsoever.

3. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    God knows why this has taken so long.

RogerBlack likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.