Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New James Coyne blog post: What patients should require before consenting to participate in research

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    More here...

http://blogs.plos.org/mindthebrain/...before-consenting-to-participate-in-research/

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    mango, Valentijn, Simon and 13 others like this.
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Very good, as all of James Coyne's blogs are. He's a good writer and thinker.
    I'd love to see mecfs research meet these standards going forward, particularly in the UK where the reliability of such research has been so appalling to date. researchers, funders, and charities all have work to do to build patient trust and that's done by involvement and openness.

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Wouldn't it be great if research into our disease became a beacon of what to do, rather than a shameful example of what not to do?

Valentijn, Simon, Woolie and 7 others like this.
  4. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    Do you think we'd get nostalgic for the old ways? I can see us all thirty years on, with biomarkers, treatments, treated with a vague degree of respect by doctors, all sat around going "Ah, do you remember the days when they used to call us all terrorists and fake their results? Happy times..."

See more popular forum discussions.