1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Here, Guidance Needed.. 23andMe CBS, MTRR, MTHFR concerns

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cobain_justinsane, Mar 14, 2013.

1. dbkita

dbkita Senior Member

Why the connection? Can anyone explain this to me?
  2. thegiantess

thegiantess

So, I went ahead and got the sulfite strips from Yasko, but the ones I received seem different than what people on this forum are talking about. I read people making mention of ranges up to 1600! The strips I have go from 10-400. Are these the same? Am I somehow reading this wrong? Thanks!
  3. Symptomatic

Symptomatic Senior Member

You need the sulfate strips, not the sulfite strips.
  4. dbkita

dbkita Senior Member

You may want to see the latest analysis I did on the CBS activity question in the "Couple of questions" thread.

P5p intake could easily I believe make up for any differences in the standard C699T and C1080T SNPs for a person with the wild type (i.e. increasing p5p by a sufficient amount could mimic the 10% or so bump in trans-sulfuration flux for someone with the homozygous C669T four hours after a HUGE influx of methionine).

While p5p can effect it, the idea of "shooting down" or 10x upregulation is not correct based on my analysis.
  5. cobain_justinsane

cobain_justinsane

dbkita:

I posted in the "couple of questions" thread to try and get a better understanding on a couple of points made in the thread.
    I think it's great that you are looking into the CBS issue because there seems to be a lot of disagreement on the issue.

See more popular forum discussions.