Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New European guidelines on hyponatraemia - at last

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MeSci, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Hyponatraemia (low blood sodium) is a potentially life-threatening condition that may be more common in ME/CFS patients than in the general population, due to many of us apparently tending to lose a lot of sodium in urine. This is certainly true of myself, as I have mentioned in several threads, and I have been seriously ill with it twice. Doctors clearly had little idea of what tests to run, for example to ascertain my fluid levels, and instead resorted to disbelief and accusation when I tried to enlighten them. I did not receive the correct treatment, and ended up with additional problems by the time I was discharged, as I have also mentioned elsewhere. So this news is extremely welcome, and may save lives.

From Physician's First Watch:

taniaaust1 and golden like this.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    My computer wont download it (I usually can download those files, must be a big one) but thanks for that anyway. I would of liked to have read it (hopefully I'll have another computer in within the next couple of months).

3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Can you view the html version here?

Dannylingo and taniaaust1 like this.
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Yes thanks, my computer does like html better and I was able to get that up. whoa that is so long.

MeSci likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.