• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New drug patent for ME treatment - Trimetazidine, Ranexa and other drugs

Kati

Patient in training
I wonder if it could be a treatment(ritux) combined with an antiviral eg if u have a history of high ebv titres then once u knock out the b-cells then this home for ebv should cause lower viral titre levels?? and maybe antivirals can help reduce or slow down the b-cells from being reinfected with these particular viruses and keep people in remission longer. Just a thought??

cheers!!!

Heaps Dr Kogelnik is using Rituximab with an anti-viral already. I am curious about it as well.

*GG*

What Dr Mella and Fluge said at the Invest in ME conference is they believe that Rituximab causes an "ALT- Control- Delete" ( or reset efferct ) in the body. I am so glad they found it works on our population and I am very keen to be a guinea pig. However I am sure Rituximab is not offering us a cure, but a temporary treatment until science (and governments) figures it out.

Not holding my breath on the gov't figuring this out. The history is sad and thousands have likely diea if not more!

GG

Kati

Patient in training
I agree Gaston, I had the same thought when I typed it. one can only hope though.