Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New Documentary: What About ME 2017

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Nielk, May 3, 2017.

1. Nielk

Nielk

2. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    MEMum, taniaaust1 and mrquasar like this.
  3. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    @Nielk - Thanks for posting this! Gonna watch it now :)

MEMum and Nielk like this.
  4. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

One concerning thing, I've only glanced occasionally at it - not got the energy - 1:23:21 - in the text at the end.
    "The latest reports from the lancet psychiatry headed by Dr Michail Sharpe are claiming that CBT and GET are good for patients health".
    It's possible that the viewer that's watched this in depth may understand that this is incorrect - I have not done so.

I guess this was:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...me-long-term-follow-up-from-pace-trial.40817/

The bits I did watch seemed positive though.

5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Can we as a community get this files declassified, if we know the origin of ME maybe we can move faster. I don't understand what is the legal basis for the seal. We should pursue this.

6. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

I have not yet watched it. However, my understanding is the 'secret' files referred to have been declassified, and were not especially interesting, other than as politics of the time. They did not illustrate in any way the pathology of CFS/ME.

See also http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...algic-encephalomyelitis-me.50022/#post-825773

ukxmrv likes this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Is what I thought too but if it is not common to close files for longer than 30 years why 70+ for this file., I think we should pursue it.

Nielk likes this.
  8. Keela Too

Keela Too Sally Burch

N.Ireland
    I'm on Prime and am in Northern Ireland.

I got the message below :(

"Service Area Restriction

This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. For more details, please refer to Amazon Video Terms of Use. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.com/videohelp and refer to error 4601. "

9. Paintmyturquoise

Paintmyturquoise

If you download and use the 'Opera' browser, it has a built in VPN, which you can set to US.

TiredSam likes this.
  10. AndyPR

AndyPR Cookies for Tired Sam

MEMum and -Jessie- like this.

See more popular forum discussions.