• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New doctor, finally on meds

Valentijn

Yohimbe is a bust......it made me very wired.
What dosage did you try, and how often?

I've been doing 100mg twice per day (2nd dose at 2pm or earlier). The pills are 400mg, so I have to split them. But haven't felt wired thus far.

maddietod

The supplement is called Herbal V, and one tablet has 250mg yohimbe. I took one.

I'm scared of stimulants, of having a crash down the road from using up energy that's not really available. Does that make sense?

But I'm tempted to try a half a tablet tomorrow.

maddietod

The Fisher Wallace device stopped working after a few weeks; I've sent it back.

The lyme test came back negative, so one less thing to worry about!

I've been on Terry Wahls' diet for a week. I had started 0.5 LDN at the same time, but then I stopped the LDN so I can first see if the diet affects sleep. I expect to stay on the diet long-term.

I decided to go back to Florida and see Dr. Rey, now that I know I don't have lyme disease. She got me in quickly; I see her on 10/29. Depending on what she says, I hope to start the LDN again after I get back.