1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NEW! Cleveland Clinic Award for XMRV/CFS/Prostate

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by parvofighter, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Navid

Navid Senior Member

question?

What gene mutation are they talking about for CFIDS patients that is shared with prostate cancer patients? They said it was a gene that functioned to fight off viral infections... If this is known, can't there be a test to show risk for getting CFIDS...?
  2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Rnase -l gene maybe

(but this was not shown in all prostate cancer xmrv+ patients in later research I think)

PWCFS are showing Rnase-l abnormalities but not sure if anyone is testing them for a specific gene mutation. The test I had was for Rnase-l activity
  3. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Can't be biomarker, others have the abnormality also.

As the prostate cancer study shows.

Tina

See more popular forum discussions.