• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New CDC Leader Appointed--Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald

Gemini

Reported by the New York Times, July 8, 2017:

The Trump administration on Friday named Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, the public health commissioner of Georgia, as the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the nation’s top public health post.

Dr. Fitzgerald, who turns 71 next week, is an obstetrician-gynecologist and a two-time Republican congressional candidate.

She has strong ties to two other prominent Georgia Republicans — Tom Price, the secretary of Health and Human Services, and Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House, who has been an informal adviser to President Trump...

Dr. Fitzgerald was a major in the Air Force...She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology from Georgia State University and medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/health/cdc-brenda-fitzgerald.html

me/cfs 27931

The CDC murmurs I'm hearing are that Fitzgerald is not a popular choice. I personally know one high level CDC official already making exit plans.