• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New CBT and GET threat for Aust CFS patients

taniaaust1

ive always seen Lloyd as a wessley school one. he's sly like weselly thou as ive seen how things he's written can always be taken two ways so much of his views have gone overlooked.

I got offended years back by an article by him which the me/cfs journal emerge published which to me indicated his clear views towards the psych field with this... I was so offended by article l that I didn't want anything to do with that journal any more so was very glad when the south ausralian society started back doing their journal

ive always seen Lloyd as a wessley school one. he's sly like weselly thou as ive seen how things he's written can always be taken two ways so much of his views have gone overlooked.

I agree. He's been able to fly under the radar for a long time, perhaps riding on the back of the Dubbo studies. I think we need for his approach to receive greater scrutiny.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
From the ANZCTR website

Participants will be recruited through advertisements placed in e-bulletins released by relevant professional associations. A technical support officer will program the eLearning platform to automatically deliver the intervention at week0 (the intervention group) or at week12 (wait list control group) depending on group allocation. The experimenters will not be aware of when individual participants receive the intervention ensuring allocation concealment. (my italics)

From the ANZCTR website

Participants will be recruited through advertisements placed in e-bulletins released by relevant professional associations. (my italics)

Yep, this isn't just for GPs, but is being targeted to health professionals more broadly (specifically mentioning the Australian Psychological Society and the Exercise and Sports Science Association elsewhere in the study outline).