1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NEW by Dr. Lerner - ME/CFS Treatment Resource Guide for Practitioners & ME/CFS video

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by anncavan, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Yes, Dr Lerner prescribes it for me. :D

2. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    This is consistent with my family's experience. My college-age daughter is in full remission (from 5-9.5). I'm still fighting but have improved from 3-5.5, but have setbacks. My uncle (in his 70's) stayed on antivirals for something like 8 years, going from 7-10. So an approximate 3 point gain seems about right to me.

Perhaps the longer we've had the viruses or the weaker our immune systems the more entrenched the viruses are or the deeper they are in hard-to-get-at areas of the body (brain, bone marrow). If that's true then it might take longer treatment and higher doses to get at the infections. Or maybe we need to add immune modulators (immunovir, ampligen) or something like Rituximab that quickly kills infected cells before they infect others.

3. Wally

Wally Senior Member

I believe Dr. Kogelnik and Dr. Montoya are using antiviral protocols similar to Dr. Lerner's. Dr. Montoya is located at Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, California and Dr. Kogelnik is just a few minutes away in Mountain View, California.

Last year, Montoya's wait list was about 3 years. Getting an appt. with Dr. Kogelnik was much faster because he just opened up his clinic at the end of 2009. He now has over 1000 patients with lots of interest from around tbe globe in his Rituxan study. Wait time for new patients may have changed, so it would be a good idea to call each office to find out the current status of scheduling an appt. as a new patient.

See more popular forum discussions.