Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New BACME guidelines for severely affected out... somewhere?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Esther12, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Just saw this from Colin Barton's group: https://measussex.org.uk/severely-affected-guidelines-february/

Anyone else know anything about this? Couldn't find the guidelines on-line anywhere. Knowing BACME, I would expect them to be appalling.

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Esther12 likes this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks - I'd failed to find that.

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Wow - even Action for ME are not rubbish enough to be recommended by BACME.

I don't know much about reMEmber, but saw they recommended the BACME guidance.

5. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

They have their symptom management guide
    https://www.bacme.info/sites/bacme..../BACME Therapy & Symptom Management Guide.pdf
    But that has been out for a long time. I'm sure someone had sent them a whole set of mistakes and inaccuracies in their document. One was there description around Rituximab which they haven't corrected. It is worrying that a group aiming to give advice to professionals have not corrected inaccuracies in their advice.

6. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

It's a severe ME guideline which seems to be being kept part secret, i.e. Not for public consumption but available on request. Stonebird and 25% group have written in condemnation of it but not made public the literature itself so I assume its copyrighted and not available for passing around and download

Frankly these BACME are the last people I'd like to see giving advice on the severely ill

Jan, MEMum, Snowdrop and 1 other person like this.
  7. Orla

Orla Senior Member

Ireland
    Dolphin, Tyto alba, Jan and 2 others like this.
  8. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

W. Sussex UK
    Esther12 likes this.
  9. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I only skimmed through but it looked bad, with some mixed stuff in there. Sold with an anecdote with a 'Continuing progress and recovery'section.

The whole positive thinking/hope/helpful-thoughts stuff seems so unpleasent given the limited, but often fairly grim, evidence we have available to us on prognosis and treatment efficacy.

Sean, slysaint and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.