Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New B-complex vitamin, this is the best I can find

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by vortex, Mar 7, 2014.

1. vortex

vortex Senior Member

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I just wish they made more versions with more normal ranges of daily value %, Oysters, and certain types of animal liver and organs are great natural sources of b vitamins though... For those that can handle consuming it lol.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
  4. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

@ahmo, that's a lot cheaper than the one I just bought from iherb.

http://www.iherb.com/Douglas-Laboratories-B-Complex-60-Veggie-Caps-Discontinued-Item/37247

I bought it strictly on the label not price.

I haven't bought from Swanson in a while. Maybe I'll give it a try when I run out of this one.

And jeez, just noticed that it's apparently a discontinued item so best not to get attached no matter what the price. LOL

@Martial--Not long ago I bought some organic, grass-fed calf liver. I'd chop it into little pieces and swallow it raw like pills. I was doing this to combat severe anemia. Consuming it this way was fine...no liver taste at all (no taste, really), and no real worry about parasites as long as it had been frozen for at least two weeks. So if you want the benefits of liver but don't like the taste, you might try that.

However, after a while of doing this daily I found I wasn't feeling so good. Some general malaise, really crappy mood, lack of energy, etc. When researching further I also found that liver can be thyroid suppressive. So if you're already hypothyroid or borderline hypothyroid (like I am or I was, haven't had labs done lately), regular liver consumption may affect you similarly.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. yarnee

yarnee

is iherb as reputable as swanson?

6. adreno

adreno PR activist

Iherb is an online store, not a brand. The brand of the B complex mentioned is Douglas Labs, and yes, this is a reputable brand.

@vortex , I would avoid anything with folic acid. Good B complexes IMO is Douglas Labs, Swanson, Pure Encapsulations and Thorne Research brands.

7. Calathea

Calathea Senior Member

Biocare do a good B-complex, called B-Plex, which doesn't have any folic acid or B12. Evidently there are a lot of us taking those separately.

8. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

@vortex nice find. If one takes just one capsule the dosage is half of what's on the label, which is still good.
    The B6 would be too high for me with 2 caps.

9. richarduklon

richarduklon

I've attached a quick summary of the recommended brands mentioned in the thread.

Hope it helps.

Richard

Attached Files:

ahmo likes this.
  10. Unim

Unim

Metabolics do a good low dose B complex, but it might be difficult to get ahold of outside the UK.

This American brand has quite low dosages too: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/supplements/vitamin-b
    It's also in tablet form, so might be easy to split further. All the 'sustained release' fillers might not be ideal though.

Unfortunately both of these contain bitartrate, which is apparently a somewhat toxic yeast byproduct. Seems every B complex is flawed in some way.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  11. richarduklon

richarduklon

hi, may I ask which thrones research b complex you are referring to? seems to be several variations :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...aps&hvadid=3836607117&ref=pd_sl_8r7csf9g1s_ee

There seems to be three types:

B-Complex #12
    B-Complex #6
    Basic B-Complex

Thanks

Richard

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  12. adreno

adreno PR activist

13. Unim

Unim

Since I last checked, the brand I mentioned above have added a liquid B complex. Seems to have all the right forms, and no bitartrate either. In case it is useful to anyone: http://www.metabolics.com/b-complex-liquid.html

Since their website lists ingredients without line breaks, below is the list with them added. I assume these amounts are for the ½ teaspoon suggested serving.

14. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    Don't know/think its available in the US. looks promising

See more popular forum discussions.