Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

new article on empowher today "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome And XMRV: A Matter Of Blood"

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jody, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great article, Jody - I had thought the situation was too complex now to summarise concisely but you've both done that and made it humanly interesting. Great writing!

3. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Thanks Jody! Well done! :)

4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks guys.

I wrote three different versions of this before it was all said and done. I can only use 400 words which makes it challenging.

The first version read too raw, and I figured people would discount it. The second one was my thoughts but not enough information. The third was all information (who did what when) but that was all. I was going to submit that one though because I also felt like it's all too complex for me to be able to make it clear in 400 words -- especially since the whole point is -- it's not clear. Nothing is clear.

My husband encouraged me to blend version 2 and version 3 and ... there it is. :Retro smile:

5. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    gosh darn it, that was good: personal, using metaphors, a thread throughout, yet short and direct.

I'm impressed.

Tina

6. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Tina.

You make it sound pretty darned good.:Retro smile:

7. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Thanks, Jody. Nicely written. As was the previous article, "Ten Ways to Handle the Isolation".

Merry

8. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

What Tina said! Excellent job with only 400 words :eek:

9. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Merry and jspotila,

Thanks so much. :Retro smile:

See more popular forum discussions.