Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

new article "Chronic Kidney Disease -- Watching Out for the Signs"

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jody, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I wrote a new article for empowher.com called Chronic Kidney Disease -- Watching Out for the Signs.

Some of us have less than healthy kidneys, I for one used to have kidney infections like clock work every winter when I was a kid. And some of the symptoms listed here are things I deal with or have dealt with in the recent past. Numbness, fluid retention, itchiness, cramping muscles, fatigue ...

I don't know if that tells me there's been something wrong with my kidneys. Lots of conditions can cause similar symptoms. But it got my attention.:rolleyes:

2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Thanks for that info Jody. I think that's very important for us to know. We do have kidney issues as ME causes problems for every organ in the body.

3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Jody,

I have what I consider to be chronic kidney disease but mine showed up as kidney stones and repeat UTIs. I never had high blood pressure or swelling. The low oxalate diet and AZO are keeping this under control. KOW ... I just wonder how many of those with chronic kidney disease actually have small stones but don't realize it ... I wouldn't have known about mine if I hadn't gotten a stone that was too big to pass and required Lithrotripsy. My smaller stones that I can pass only produce UTI symptoms including burning and frequent urination.

4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    xchocoholic

That sucks about the kidney stones and chronic kidney disease.

Sounds like you have things somewhat under control though. Glad to hear that.:Retro smile:

5. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I keep getting surprised at all the areas of cfs dysfunction that keep popping up. You'd think by now I'd be over being surprised.:rolleyes:

See more popular forum discussions.