The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New article abt XMRV in a very serious Chronic leukemia Blog.

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by DADI, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DADI

DADI

2. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    Infection rate ?

A MLVrV / XMRV prevalence study of this population would be very illuminating.

3. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Great find DADI.

Its good to be reminded that CLL patients also get extreme and incapacitating fatigue. Its a miracle the CDC didn't appropriate them to their CFS studies!

4. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

I can report that Taipei has serious problems with air pollution, as have many other cities in Taiwan. There are many measures of environmental problems in Taiwan which have increased over the last half century. These could account for a number of increased cancer risks, with a lag of decades between environmental insult and cancers. A large life-style change they mention above is increased consumption of meat. Many businessmen you meet smoke like chimneys.

Throw in infection by previously unknown retroviruses and you have more than enough causes to explain the change. The problem will be sorting these out.

See more popular forum discussions.