• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New - A Simplified Methylation Protocol from Dr. Amy Yasko

caledonia

Dr. Amy's Simplified Roadmap to Health - http://www.scribd.com/doc/132017201/Dr-Amy-s-Simplified-Road-Map-to-Health

This gives us yet another option for simplified methylation protocols. She starts with balancing glutamate and GABA (to calm down that wired feeling), and also general supports.

There is a great chart that explains what forms of B12 might work for what combination of SNPs (more detailed than the one on Heartfixer).

xjhuez

Interesting - thanks for posting this.

The B12 table suggests that I can tolerate "All three types with less methyl B12" due to my COMT V158M and VDR Taq. I'm not sure that jives with what I've read on this forum. That is, I believe mb12 was recommended over the other two.

It suggests VitaOrgan for my BHMT polymorphisms. I looked it up on her site and I see it as a LOT of components - unfortunately I never do good with concoctions like that. I wonder if someone in the know could recommend an item or two from the list as a good place for me to start.