• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nevermind

chilove

Hey all,

I've been suffering a lot lately from cloudy thinking, memory issues, and insomnia. The cognitive issues are affecting my ability to work so I'm going to the doctor (general practioner) even though I'm not sure that he can do anything to help.

Any suggestions on helpful tests to ask for to help hone in on the neuro challenges? i've been suffering from massive histamine intolerance and EMF sensitivity since starting methylation a year ago.

Thanks!

Audrey

peggy-sue

What is available depends very much on where in the world you live.
Does your gp take EMF or methylation seriously?

chilove

He is not knowledgable at all about those issues but is sympathetic and tries to be helpful. He will order whatever tests I ask for. I haven't found anyone who specializes in CFS/ME nearby yet.

peggy-sue

I think you need answers from somebody in America, then.

I'm in the UK - we don't get tests.

I haven't tried any methylation stuff, I'm a bit (very) wary of it.

But there are a lot of folk here doing it - you need some of them to talk to you, they will know.

But you are saying you've been a lot worse since you've been doing it?

Personally, I found that taking daily vitamin B12 sublingually, helps my brain no end.