1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Never ending search for a B Complex....how about this one?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by juniemarie, Jun 28, 2013.

1. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  2. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    Hmmm... do you know if you tolerate folinic acid well?

I've had two doctors recommend Thorne Methyl Guard plus - but it doesn't come in high enough doses for me... so I'm back to taking the basic b vitamins separately, right now. (plus it's not as complete).

3. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    I like it! No folic acid or cyanob12 and I like the moderate doses, then if I want to add more of one or the other separately, I can. And no glycerin or gelatin, great.

4. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  5. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  6. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I think we should get a list of all the B complexes that have various amounts of the ingredients we are all looking for and have a sticky.....searching the forum is extremely time consuming and this is a basic need and question that gets asked often.

7. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  8. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
  9. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  10. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  11. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
  12. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    While we are at it... does anyone know of a good chewable. I'm wanting to get my 9 yr old started on it; but he can't swallow pills yet.

13. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    This is a good chewable. It looks like it's also on sale It has low doses including coenzymated B1, B2, B6, and it has folinic acid instead of folic acid. It doesn't taste great, but you can crush it up and mix it with food or liquid. I take it sublingually before bed. (amounts listed for two tablets)
    http://www.integratedhealth.com/vitamin-formulas/kids-mighty-multi-chewable.html
    Of course you could just empty out part of a capsule and mix it with food or liquid. B vitamins don't taste good so it would be best to get coenzymated b vitamins so you don't have to take as high a dose.

14. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I've also been hunting for b complexes the last few months. I've been taking the pathways b 50 you posted. It's on sale now until July 17th. I think it's probably the best value of almost any b complex I've seen (although there is a shipping fee...). This is the front label for anyone interested in ordering that:
    http://www.myvillagegreen.com/pathway-b-complex-50.html
    Now that I'm taking methylfolate I think what I might do is empty out part of the pathways b complex into an empty capsule along with part of the Swanson's activated B complex which is also one of the best values. Quatrefolic isn't as potent as Metafolin, but it's still a very good value.

15. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    It seems there is a study where taking TMG lowered homocysteine
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/5/961.long
    But how do you know it isn't just methylation that's reducing homocysteine? In which case TMG is optional. Either way, TMG is really cheap. Better just to buy a b complex and then add TMG if necessary.

16. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I have a major problem tolerating B-complexes and have tried more than a few - anyone recommend a gentle one for sensitive folk?

17. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I have to take my bs seperately to avoid b2 and get the dosage i need. X

18. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I have the CBS mutation and am doing well with Yasko's B Complex which is low in B6. I can take a whole pill, vs. the Thorne B Complex #6, I could only take 1/8 of a pill due to the high B6 content. So I'm getting a lot more of the B2 I desperately need (as shown by Nutreval).
    http://www.holisticheal.com/ultimate-b-complex.html

Note: it does have some "folic acid" in it.

maryb likes this.
  19. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
  20. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    I have a complete CBS ++ too and I do well on The Ultimate B but I'm not overly sensitive to b vitamins.

See more popular forum discussions.