• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neurotransmitter report help (nutrahacker)

Could someone more experienced have a quick look at my results and give some feedback if there is something special at my neurotransmitter related genes.

I've done some supplementation based on these results, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Last edited:
I'll post the results directly here instead of pdf file.

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs578776
CHRNA5
AG: 1/2
48.4664%
Neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-5
Increased nicotine intake

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs165722
COMT
CC: 2/2
32.6762%
Degrades catecholamines, Phase II, inactivates hydroxy-estrogens
Decreased COMT activity
Hydroxy B12 (hydroxycobalamin)
Methyl B12, Methyl donors

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs4646312
COMT
TT: 2/2
50.2164%
Degrades catecholamines, Phase II, inactivates hydroxy-estrogens
Decreased COMT activity
Hydroxy B12 (hydroxycobalamin)
Methyl B12, Methyl donors

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs701567
DAOA
23.5241%
D-amino acid oxidase activator, which degrades D-serine, a potent activator of NMDA receptors
Associated with cognitive manic symptoms
Idebenone, Piracetam, Magnesium, Taurine, Lithium orotate

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs2391191
DAOA
AG: 1/2
49.3000%
D-amino acid oxidase activator, which degrades D-serine, a potent activator of NMDA receptors
Associated with cognitive manic symptoms
Idebenone, Piracetam, Magnesium, Taurine, Lithium orotate

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs3749034
GAD1
GG: 2/2
68.6151%
Catalyzes production of GABA from glutamate
High glutamate, low GABA
Taurine, Theanine, NAC,Glycine, Vitamin B3
MSG

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs3828275
GAD1
7.46300%
High glutamate, low GABA
Taurine, Theanine, NAC,Glycine
MSG

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs3791878
GAD1
GT: 1/2
28.3797%
High glutamate, low GABA
Taurine, Theanine, NAC,Glycine
MSG

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs1137070
MAO-A
T: 1/1
N/A
Oxidizes serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine
Increased expression MAO-A
Curcumin

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs2769605
NTRK2
10.5874%
Neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 2
Decreased BDNF
Theanine, Curcumin, Beta-alanine, Lithium orotate, Phosphatidylserine

Neurotransmitter Levels
rs2070762
TH
A/G

Critterina

Jake,
What symptoms are you trying to treat? These results would suggest mania, tenancy, depression, bipolar, and others, but unless you have a diagnosis or lab results, it's hard to know what Nutrahacker would suggest might possibly help relieve your symptoms.
Also, the higher the occurrence, the less likely that the SNP is going to be unique to your situation (outside of being in a gene set, which that program doesn't test for.) For example, we are told that one in five people (20%) experience mental illness sometime in their lives. So if your SNP has an occurrence of 50%, it exists in 50% of the people, way too common to be of use by itself, even in looking for appropriate symptoms.
Crit

Thanks for replying Critterina.

Anxiety is my main problem. Perhaps some depression. I think i will do some lab testing and see if could get more information to find the right supplements or medication.

Critterina

Anxiety usually has to do more with the tyrosine/dopamine route than the tryptophan/serotonin route in the BH4 cycle. And of course, methylation is necessary for anything to go forward, and there are a million (more or less) steps after the starting blocks where anything and everything can go wrong. Sorry I can't help you there even by analogy, as I have tryptophan/serotonin issues (more related to depression), not tyrosine/dopamine.

For me, one of the important tests was the serum amino acids, and I had it done at the same time as the homocysteine, and I and my healthcare practitioner used the Genova Diagnostics key to figure out what was going on. It took a few tries, but I got my numbers in the normal range and feel much better. I hope you can, too.

Could someone more experienced have a quick look at my results and give some feedback if there is something special at my neurotransmitter related genes.

I've done some supplementation based on these results, but it didn't seem to have any effect.[/QUOTE

Jake, I have some of the mutations that you listed. How are you doing on your anxiety now?