• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NeuroProtek, how long before one starts noticing effect?

mango

I'm asking for a severely ill friend. She writes:
I have just begun taking NeuroProtek for suspected mast cell activation. How long should I try it before deciding whether it's been helpful or not (i.e. how long before I should notice an effect)?

(I am also since before taking antihistamines and Singulair.)

Many thanks in advance! :)

When Googling, I found this:
NeuroProtek® folder said:
How long before I can expect to see results?
As each individual differs, results may differ. Depending upon the severity of the symptoms and the age of
the person taking NeuroProtek®, it may take at least 6 months before any significant benefit may be seen..
http://www.mastcellmaster.com/clinical-studies/NeuroProtek-Frequently-Asked-Questions.pdf

Those of you who have tried NeuroProtek, what was it like for you?

(@justy?)

Strawberry

I noticed a difference within a few days. It was mild, but helped the antihistamines work better. My biggest result was with mental clarity. I have been on neuroprotek two months now.

Ketotifen gave me a much better (and much needed) positive response. I have only been on this two weeks.

What symptoms does your friend have?

Gingergrrl

I have taken NeuroProtek for over a year and the flavonoids (I think that is the right word?) of Rutin, Quercetin and Luteolin are all very helpful.

In my case I also take two other brands of Quercetin plus Daosin (all started at approx same time) so no way to know which is doing what!

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
im afraid I didn't get on with it well - headaches and a wired feeling. I meant to go back and try it again as its really expensive, but haven't so far.

Gingergrrl

im afraid I didn't get on with it well - headaches and a wired feeling. I meant to go back and try it again as its really expensive, but haven't so far.

That's too bad and I never had any side effects from NeuroProtek. I wonder what it was that caused the headache and wired feeling? I guess it's possible to try again and see if you get that same feeling but if you do, I definitely would not mess with it. We are all so different!

ahmo

I felt it immediately. Within hours. I was able to quit taking hypothalamus glandular after my first dose of NP. I never took as much as suggested. One or 2/day. very helpful for me.