1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Neuromuscular damage from B12 deficiency - take action or wait for neurology appt.?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Pea, Jan 19, 2012.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    The following is a thread from 'Mothering.com' and in it Mamafish9 idents BHMT01 rs482842 as the rs. This was back in 6/2010. I'm still searching to find verification of which of the BHMT rs# is the one we should be reporting (the one Yasko has identified as related to methylation cycle).

"I told them I am a member of a forum with lots of kids with food allergies, and I have a big group who would be really interested in learning about any discounts [​IMG].

I posted on the Yasko forums to see if anyone can tell me more about the nameless SNPs. I also am browsing the data in the 23andme sample account.

Here are my guesses:

AHCY 2: rs1205357

I don't think 23andme tests the other two AHCY snps. However, the support for those is very similar to SHMT, which you do have identified.

BHMT: taking a leap that the 1, 2, 4, 8 refer to a sequence of mutations Dr. Amy was monitoring, guessing that:

BHMT 1: rs492842
    BHMT 2: rs6894156
    BHMT 4: rs6875201 or rs379754
    BHMT 8: rs3797546 or rs567754"

See more popular forum discussions.