1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Neuromuscular damage from B12 deficiency - take action or wait for neurology appt.?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Pea, Jan 19, 2012.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    The following is a thread from 'Mothering.com' and in it Mamafish9 idents BHMT01 rs482842 as the rs. This was back in 6/2010. I'm still searching to find verification of which of the BHMT rs# is the one we should be reporting (the one Yasko has identified as related to methylation cycle).

"I told them I am a member of a forum with lots of kids with food allergies, and I have a big group who would be really interested in learning about any discounts [​IMG].

I posted on the Yasko forums to see if anyone can tell me more about the nameless SNPs. I also am browsing the data in the 23andme sample account.

Here are my guesses:

AHCY 2: rs1205357

I don't think 23andme tests the other two AHCY snps. However, the support for those is very similar to SHMT, which you do have identified.

BHMT: taking a leap that the 1, 2, 4, 8 refer to a sequence of mutations Dr. Amy was monitoring, guessing that:

BHMT 1: rs492842
    BHMT 2: rs6894156
    BHMT 4: rs6875201 or rs379754
    BHMT 8: rs3797546 or rs567754"

See more popular forum discussions.