• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neurological and "it's all in your head" are different concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I featured recently in one of the posts and am volunteering to answer your questions regarding a theory I have regarding Chronic Fatigue and Pain related illnesses. Unfortunately a lot of criticism came from people commenting on what they were told i said rather than what I actually said. Whilst I do realise that my work will be open to scrutiny, suspicion and scepticism, I do feel if you do read it with an open mind you will realise that I am someone who genuinely cares and is really trying to help. I don't have all the answers and am learning all the time, I have however had success in my trials and they now are 4 people out of 4 who are recovered or on their way to it (the partial ones due to treatment being recent). Not big numbers but I feel it means I'm somewhere on track. And I do need to clear up that I am neither a scam artist or naive except that I didn't expect to get so much stick in trying to help. I have now spent a year earning hardly anything and nearly lost my home through it so please don't treat me as greedy. My theory and the testing of it is reported on my web site (link removed)I do welcome your constructive comments and questions here and on the site and I will answer them honestly and frankly. Steven

I had not heard of Pubmed so thanks for mentioning it I will look into it. I'm in a catch 22 position at the moment, I've helped all 4 of the 4 that I have worked with so far. This is too few to be conclusive but far better than coincidence. I realised early on that even if someone fully recovers under the strictest scrutiny that it really does not prove any particular thing worked. So i need to help hundreds of people - but here is the catch, so many are sceptical because I have treated so few that I am only getting a few enquiries. When I offer the treatment free I get no takers as that seems to make it look like it is not worth having. I am looking for the help of people like yourself to help me help you!

Thank you for the opportunity.
This is physical illness not consciously brought on, nor can the person think their way out of it. I believe that the unconscious neurological reaction to being under severe load (usually starts with trauma, stress or virus) is that it shuts down or slows down the system (body and mind) in whatever way it will impact best on that individual. The purpose is to keep them inactive and immobile so that most of their energy can go into recovering. Hence pain and severe tiredness feature mainly. No two people have the same set of symptoms due to the neurology taking the best path for an individual. Whilst this sets off as being what seems best for recovery it becomes ME, CFS or Fibromyalgia. It seems to mainly affect people who are driven and overdo things and it is reluctant to let them return to that same life style. Recovery can come from an understanding of accepting the need to be more realistic in self expectation of achievements and a simple intervention to access the unconscious and get it to remove the restrictive set of symptoms it has imposed. Removal of this core issue allows recovery to start.

nanonug

Recovery can come from an understanding of accepting the need to be more realistic in self expectation of achievements and a simple intervention to access the unconscious and get it to remove the restrictive set of symptoms it has imposed.

Steve, thank you for the good intentions but this is just psychobabble. Honestly, I don't think you have anything of value to offer regarding ME/CFS.

maddietod

If we all were massive over-achievers, then maybe I could relate. But I don't think we were. I got 9 hours of sleep a night, didn't drink or smoke, had some good friends, and walked daily. Overall I didn't do more than my friends or any of my siblings. I've never been competitive. So I can't see why my unconscious would need to be so tricksy......especially given that I've always kept a pretty open channel through meditation.

I'm easy to hypnotize, and what's interested me is how I come up with fascinating stories when I'm "under," but they don't really help in the conscious world. It all seems very real and profound in the moment, and it's lots of fun, but then nothing actually changes in the long term.

leela

Dear Steven,

I had a look at your website, and I deeply appreciate the care, respect, and understanding you express toward the ME community of patients.

The suggestion that comes to mind is, in order to widen the scope of your small trial group, you offer your method free of charge to the sickest patients (of which there are quite a few in the UK) to see what result arises. If you have seen "Voices From the Shadows" you know what I mean by the sickest patients.

I suggest this because this is the group that is never included in the cohorts for medical studies (thus wildly skewing the results) and also is the group that gets the worst kind of (or no) care. This could be a win/win for you and these patients, because if successful this would be a true banner for your treatment, and a welcome miracle for those for whom life has become a living hell.

Thank you for pursuing this avenue of of hope with such determination and authentic caring.
I hope you are entirely successful!

Warmly,
~leela

Status
Not open for further replies.