• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neuroinflammation Study of MS, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's Disease Patients

Gemini

A study comparing the "neuroinflammatory signature" found in MS to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease patients and healthy controls was presented by Dr. Henrik Zetterberg, Univ. Gothenburg, Sweden and UCL, on Science Magazine's Nov 1, 2017 Webinar. (8-minute talk starts at 44:41 on video):

http://view6.workcast.net/ControlUsher.aspx?pak=2221253032371201

The spinal fluid (CSF) study involved 235 patients and healthy controls.

upload_2017-11-14_10-20-56.png

The immunology panel:

upload_2017-11-14_10-13-59.png

Study results comparing Multiple Sclerosis(MS), Alzheimer's(AD) & Parkinson's(PD):

upload_2017-11-14_10-27-11.png

An aside, the "Immunology Panel" used in this study may be the same one or similar to that used by Dr. Bergquist on 25 ME/CFS patients as described at the recent OMF Symposium. If it's the same one it would be quite interesting to compare the ME/CFS results to this study's findings.