• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NeuroField?

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Frankly, I'm skeptical about anything billed as "The Wave of the Future." But somebody lauded to high heaven the technique of this Nicholas Dogris, PhD, and his NeuroField therapy. Supposedly it works great for FMS and all sorts of neurological problems.

You can read all about it if you don't mind a lack of concrete details, on his website: neurofield.org.

There's a lot of vague language about energy fields and the body's need to balance this and that, all very pretty and seemingly meaningful. Then there's this disclaimer: "NeuroField is not a medical device, does not treat medical illness, and does not diagnose medical problems. NeuroField is a energy replenishment and stress reduction system. "

Looking it over has only increased my doubt, but it turns out the guy who invented this is local here, and some people swear by him. I'm dubious but I'd like to be open-minded. Anyone heard of or even tried this?

Hi Creekfeet
Never heard of it and
there is not enough info on the neurofield.org site to explain his product well. Given that, you can see that it's a frequency generator generating up to 4 different channels i.e. 4 different electromagnetic frequencies at once I would guess. There's no way to know how strong a field is created by these frequencies, and how far those fields extend. Frequency generators are used by people into "zapping" ala Hulda Clark and others. They are also a key component of rife machines. Machines which are designed to apply different electromagnetic frequencies to the body. In those cases you want to know the power of the devices and the size of the field being produced and how it's being directed to your body. Here there is simply no info to clarify what the product is doing.
I would guess that it is producing very low power frequencies that would be entering your brain and that the 4 channels imply that up to 4 different frequencies can be applied at once and perhaps in a variety of patterns. That's all guessing. I can say that in the rife world which uses emf of significant power there are those promoting multi-frequency applications and those who believe that doing multiple frequencies at the same time are looking for trouble and they may overload sensitive people and possibly contribute to developing emf sensitivity. Also in the rife world there is lots of discussion of the different qualities and forms of the emf being produced and what is healthful and effective and which forms might be more likely to have negative effects.

The HRV part is heart rate variability of which there are some number of products available for this purpose and is an area easily investigated. There may be others on this site already using HRV. It is a form of biofeedback and is not directly inputting anything into you other than visual or sound feedback.

Finally I see that Nicholas Dogris, Ph.D has been doing neurofeedback for some time and has had an active among those using the LENS approach in the neurofeedback area. That is an approach that was helpful to me and that I have high regard for.

If you find out more about this device or Dogris's success with the chronicly ill please keep us posted.
Phil

Nielk

My neurofeedback practitioner has just added Neurofield to his treatments.
It's therapy through electromagnetic pulses to the scalp via a cap full of magnets that is put oon the head. (like a swimming cap with
magnets all over it)
This is connected to a machine that electronically pulses energy through the magnets.
There are different settings depending on what you need treatments for.
I only used it 4 times so far.
I definitely feel an immediate relief. From pain, headache and allergies.
This relief doesn't last too long though.
Do i need more treatments to sustain a long term effect? I don't know.

I will keep you posted since for now I am continuing with this treatment.

Definitely keep us posted

Does your practitioner think it's purpose is long term or short term like for pain relief? I hope it works for you.

"NeuroField is not a medical device, does not treat medical illness, and does not diagnose medical problems. NeuroField is a energy replenishment and stress reduction system. "

Sounds like it just makes a relaxing humming sound.

Not that I'd fancy having some guy using untested equipment to dramatically alter my brain chemistry with fluctuating magnetic fields. That doesn't sound at all stress reducing.

Nielk

"NeuroField is not a medical device, does not treat medical illness, and does not diagnose medical problems. NeuroField is a energy replenishment and stress reduction system. "

Sounds like it just makes a relaxing humming sound.

Not that I'd fancy having some guy using untested equipment to dramatically alter my brain chemistry with fluctuating magnetic fields. That doesn't sound at all stress reducing.

The neurofield doesn't make any sound.
It's just a cap with magnets in it.
It brings me immediate relief of headache and pain but so far no lasting effect.

In contrast the neurofeedback work - training the brain to balance itself does have a lasting effect on me.
It shows your brainwaves and where specifically you have problems with, like for example my beta waves are very erratic, so
they train my brain to slow that down. It works for me so that I am able to function to some extent as opposed to being bedbound.

Mr. Cat

Neurofield

I had some LENS treatment last spring, and also a couple of treatments with the Neurofield X1000. I remember there were many settings for it, but the practitioner used something like "mood booster" on me, as I was having low moods due to the fatigue. Within hours I was feeling ecstatic, a more elevated mood than I had felt in a very long time! I don't remember how long it lasted, maybe a day or so. So in my experience, it does have an effect.

Nielk

I, too use LENS and neurofield and brain training.

I have so far most immediate relief with neurofield and it lasts a couple od days. With LENS, the benefit only shows up, for me, the next day and lasts a little longer.

As far as long term benefits, the more sessions you get, the more your brain adjusts to new levels and the longer it lasts.

For the skeptics out there who think it's too dangerous to use something that affects the brain, don't you realize that everything you do, all medicines you take, even supplements affect your brain?

At least in this setting, the practitioner can see your brainwaves while you are being treated. If there is any bad side effect (which I haven't encountered yet), they can do an immediate adjustment to get you back where you were.

To me, it's like crossing the street with oncoming traffic with your eyes open as opposed to closed.

When i am diligent with this training, I definitely feel better. Cured? not by a long shot. It does improve my quality of life and that's what I'm searching for.